Help desk 1-877-822-6727

Formation and Filing


Step 1:

Obtaining a Business Filing

Business Filing - most city, county and state governments require business owners to File Your Business. You can file a dba doing business as certificate instead because you either have to file the dba, form an llc or File Your Business as a corporation.

In some cases, in addition to the state Business Filing, the federal government may also require you to get special Business Filing Papers, depending on the type of business or your business location business.

Step 2:

Business Filing

All businesses need a business license, though it can be the same as a Business tax Filing - however, you need a business certificate and you can form an llc to File Your Business instead of getting a dba business name certificate.

Your corporation name is the same as the dba business name. This is a general Business Filing that allows you, as the Business owner, the dom of operating a File ed corporate business.

Sales Tax Business Filing Papers Business Filing require a sales tax Filing or seller's license for all retail businesses. This allows you to buy wholesale and charge sales tax to customers on items purchased. You need to pay these taxes to Business Filing and that is where you use your Sales Tax Business Filing.



State Business Filing

State law requires businesses that provide certain products or services to get a state Business Filing. Some businesses are also required to get business permits because businesses must meet certain Business Filing legal requirements, such as pet clinics, restaurants and other establishments that serve alcohol.

To obtain a Business Filing Business Filing: Get to the Business Filing Business Filing requirement information and online application for your type of business. Submit the Business Filing online application and we will file it, or help you file it.
Home Occupation License If your business is home-based, Business Filing requires that you obtain a home occupation license and/ or a business license.


As discussed, you will need a certificate recorded for your legal business structure. That is usually an one page document that has to be officially filed with the appropriate government agency.

After obtaining the government stamped certificate, you will have to obtain an EIN and a business license under that legal structure. If an LLC, then file the license and EIN under the LLC.


In addition to the licenses, you will need to obtain a state employer Id if you are an employer, and a sales tax ID ( seller's Permit) if you need to buy wholesale or collect sales tax.

Order Online Now!

Legal info & Disclaimer: , and its employees, agents, and representatives, are not affiliated with the Internal Revenue Service ("IRS") or any other governmental or regulatory body or agency. provides services to file and obtain legal govrnment documents including Federal Tax Identification Numbers from the IRS as well as other state and federal government agencies.

As a "Third Party Designee, filing agent" pursuant to IRS Form SS-4, paid prepares and submits applications for an Employer Identification Number ("EIN") to the IRS as a representantive of our clients. does not verify EIN application submissions and is not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided. Any individual may obtain and submit his or her own EIN application at no cost through the official IRS website at

Use of this website does not make you a client, or a prospective client, of makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, regarding the information on this website. is not liable for any and all damages resulting from the use of, reference to, or reliance on information provided on this website.

It is provided only for general informational purposes and does not constitute legal or accounting advice of any kind. For convenience, this website may contain links to third-party websites. does not control, endorse, or assume responsibility for the nature, content, accuracy, and availability of such websites. does not guarantee availability of Website and is not responsible for temporary unavailability due to technical issues. is not a law firm and does not offer legal advice or recommendations. Communications with filingsusa.comare not protected by attorney-client privilege in any way. If you or another person needs legal assistance must contact an attorney or law firm licensed in his or her jurisdiction.